Internet Radio Man #136 Laurel Canyon
By | 09/04/2020 |
We are all stoked for our ‘Laurel Canyon’ show.
After radiowilder.com picked Echo in the Canyon by Jacob Dylan as our album of the year in 2019, we saw the documentary of the same name. It was such a prolific 6 or 7 year period of a decidedly different sound and the commingling of artists, their music, sounds and writing that came out of the Canyon, the show was born!
- ·In no particular order, we have Crosby, Stills & Nash, Canned Heat, Jim Morrison and the Doors, Frank Zappa, Carol King the dulcet tones of Joni Mitchell’s voice.
- · One of the most famous groupies, Pamela Des Barres lived and loved there.
- · Neil Young wrote ‘Ohio’ in Graham Nash’s back yard and among many others.
- ·The Eagles Hotel California came out of The Canyon. There are stories and a lots of music.
- ·So come hang this Labor Day for a different time and place in rock n’roll.
- ·Music starts when ‘Baby Ruth’ finishes her mountain climbing, marinating her meat for the big Labor Day cookout!
- ·Catch the show at radiowilder.com, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and more music homes!!
Have a great Labor Day weekend, you have earned it!!
Harry and the Wilder Bunch!
About the author,